ChemSan - 500ml
An acid Sanitiser for Brewing and Surface Sanitising
Equipment MUST be Cleaned Before Using ChemSan
No Rinse required when used at the recommended dilution
Not Affected by Organic Materials
A blend of phosphoric acid, benzenesulfonic acid and isopropanol.
A self-foaming sanitising solution
An excellent sanitizer for manual application
Not recommended on soft metals because of the acid nature of this product.
GENERAL USE DIRECTIONS
Dilution: 0.2%, 10ml to 5litres of water
Higher concentrations will require a potable rinse
All surfaces should be cleaned and rinsed beforehand
Minimum contact time 2minutes
The solution should remain at a pH at 3 or below to maintain proper sanitizing level. Using Tesco's Ashbeck water will solve most pH issues
If using the diluted solution over time, check the PH regularly using Ph papers
Hand Utensils, Tanks, Vats, Homebrew use: Scrape or pre-clean dirty surfaces. Clean all surfaces using a suitable detergent, following label directions. Rinse with potable water.
Apply diluted solution on surfaces with a cloth, mop ,brush, sponge, spray or by immersion.
After 2 minutes contact time, drain solution thoroughly.
For all applications, allow to air dry, however surfaces must remain wet for at least two minutes.
Do not rinse after Chemsan application.
Danger: Corrosive to skin and eye, contains Phosphoric Acid. Harmful if swallowed. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing. Wear protective goggles and clothing when using. Avoid contamination of food. DO NOT MIX CHEMSAN WITH CHLORINATED CLEANERS AS CHLORINE GAS WILL RESULT. Do not use or store near heat or open flame. See label for more precautionary information.
For Eyes: Hold eyes open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first five minutes. Then continue rinsing. Get immediate medical attention/advice advice.
If Swallowed: Get immediate medical attention/advice advice. Have person sip on a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the Poison Control doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
If on Skin or Clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Get medical attention/advice advice if needed.
If Inhaled: Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing call an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth if possible. Get immediate medical attention/advice advice.ChemSan